Friday, August 7, 2009

My Weekly Training Breakdown

"What we do upon some great occasion will probably depend on what we already are; and what we already are will be the result of previous years of self-discipline. "

~H.P. Liddon

"It is folly for a man to pray to the gods for that which he has the power to obtain by himself."

~Epicurus

Ok. This has been a rough couple days for me. The problem with being a pro fighter is that at my level I still have to work to pay the bills. It's a little different for me that I don't work a standard 9 to 5, but I run my own business. It has its pros, but definitely has its cons when it comes to training.

Training is on no set schedule, but no less than 4 days a week when I don't have a fight scheduled. Now that I have a fight scheduled this will is a good representation of my training week:

Monday Evening: Ride my bike 4 miles to the school where I train. Muay Thai pad rounds followed by MMA technique, and Muay Thai/MMA sparring. MMA circuits or strength and conditioning training.

Tuesday Morning: Kettlebell & Strength work. Plyometric work.
Tuesday Evening: 15 minute treadmill sprint increasing the speed every Tuesday. No gi grappling/jiu-jitsu for 3 minute rounds for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Wednesday Evening: Ride my bike 4 miles to the school. Muay Thai pad rounds/MMA technique/MMA sparring. Circuits/Strength & Conditioning.

Thursday Morning or Evening: Kettlebell, Strength, Plyo's

Friday Evening: Ride my bike to the school. 1 hour no gi grappling. Boxing work with a pro boxer and my trainer. Boxing Sparring Rounds.

Saturday (or Sunday): Active rest. Swimming, Bike riding, etc.

Sunday (or Saturday): Kettlebell, Strength, Plyo's

Until next time! Training updates, possible weight update, and some sparring video!

Life is simple. Life is good....

No comments:

Post a Comment