Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Scale Confusion and Plateau

A few days ago I had the opportunity to cross train at one of the other premier MMA schools in my area. After training I used the scale they have in their bathroom. 173. I left immediately for home and didn't consume anything since it's only about 20 minutes away. I jumped on my scale shortly after walking through the door. 176. This was a little bit of heartbreaker, but aside from that I was not sure which one to believe. If I wasn't trying to make a certain weight I wouldn't have even checked my weight a 2nd time, but I'm glad I did.

This may seem like a silly issue to anybody that doesn't understand how important is to somebody who is right in middle of it. This was my conclusion. The scale at the school may have 100 people step on it in a day. I step on mine 2 to 3 times a day. Their scale may be not be at its original calibration by sheer use. Also, If it were time to make weight, their scale reads 155, and I don't check mine I could be running off 3 more pounds at weigh-ins.

I'm a firm believer that my opponent should see me as healthy as possible, and should definitely not see me cutting weight. Again, this may seem like an odd issue, but I can't stress the importance enough. Day prior to weigh-ins check your weight on atleast 2 different scales. It may save you the last minute heartache.

Quick note: I haven't posted a weight update in a while. I would like to show atleast a 2 pound or more drop in weight every 3 days. As of the last week or so I haven't broken 176 (on my scale) which leads me to believe that I've plateaued. I need to tweak something in the program, and when I do I will let everyone know! I will post a weight update in the next 3 days no matter what happens. Thanks for following.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment